Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 November 2014

You Inspire Me

Hi Everyone! 
I hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday, over here in Melbourne we have enjoyed a beautiful hot spring day today, which I was able to fit in a layout that I have created for Once Upon A Sketches November competition! They have a great sketch for this month, which I felt a MUST to join! If you are also interested in joining the challenge this month click HERE! 

With this sketch, the jouranalling theme is Inspiration/inspired by etc. I decided to use my dad as my inspiration because well....he is one of my inspirations! Dad is and will always be there for me whenever I need him, I know his only a phone call away. Dad has worked extremely hard to get where he is today and to provide for my family, and I can't express how inspired I am by my dad for his work ethic, his love and his compassion.
The final layout:
I have switched the title and journalling around (hence: title is on right side instead of left)

The Sketch:


Am still in love with Faber Castells Whipped Spackle and Kaisercrafts crosses stencil!

I applied gesso around the edges of the photo to create a softer look as I didn't like the sharpness of the photos.
Hidden journaling

For the hidden jouranlling, I used a Project Life card and cut it down to size.




If you have any comments, please feel free to leave them below!
-Rachael xo

3 comments:

  1. Love your gesso on the photo edges idea, the little crosses for the bg texture & those film strips....most of all I adore that you've got a good Dad who inspires you! Thanks so much for sharing your FAB page with us at OUAS:):) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy! Thank you so much for your beautiful words, they mean a lot! Thank you for letting me know about posting my page on the OUAS facebook page, I have just done so now! Thank you again!

      Delete
  2. Super layout Rachael! And so sweet the way you write about your father! Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete